Monday, February 12, 2007

Interesting News!!

I was out front with Simba yesterday looking at the new perennial beds we had planted in the driveway circle (look down below to see it from last summer) and wondering whether anything might be peeking up already (I know it's way too early but I just can't wait!) when I heard the phone in the house ring which is fine to be outside when that happens because after 4 rings it forwards to my cell phone which I am never without, you never know when an emergency might happen like Paddy realizing he might not have any Guinness in the fridge and goodness knows I have to able to respond quickly to something like that or else! So anyway, when the call came to my cellphone I picked it up and at first I thought it was Paddy putting me on with an Irish accent because he does that sometimes when he's feeling funny and other than the accent the voice sounded just like him but you'll never guess what? It was HIS BROTHER MIKE CALLING FROM IRELAND! Oh my gosh, in all the years we've been together Paddy and Mike have never talked and I think not for a long time before that so you can imagine I was pretty curious about why all of a sudden. But I contained my curiosity and said how nice it was to hear from him and Paddy wasn't at home and could I take a message for him, and Mike said to ask Paddy to call him back so when he got home he did (well actually he didn't do it right away because he said it was too late to call in Ireland even though Mike said to tell him that didn't matter so maybe he just wanted to think a little bit before calling him back or something, I couldn't tell if he was happy about the call, you can't always tell with Paddy and it's no use asking him because he really doesn't like you to ask him how he's feeling, I don't even want to repeat the sorts of language you hear when you ask him stuff like that! But he called him in the morning from his office (I was hoping he'd call from home so I could hear the conversation and Paddy if you're reading this, this is my blog and I get to say what I want on it so if you don't like it then just stop reading right now, but I love you to pieces anyway love!) and all I know is, next month we're meeting him up in Vermont for a weekend! Imagine, almost eight years with Paddy and I finally get to meet someone in his family, I'm a little nervous but I know I shouldn't be and I'm sure I won't be by the time we get there and Mike, if you're reading this, I'm very excited to get to meet you! So now I have to go look up the place where we're going to be staying and start thinking about what to pack for Vermont in March, what fun, it's been a while since we took a trip!

P.S. This is a picture of me and Simba out front of the house, but not yesterday, yesterday was cold! The picture is from last summer. Isn't he just a little love, he loves when I carry him around although he's not crazy about having his picture taken and Paddy didn't want to take lots of pictures to get a good one of Simba so this is the best we could do.

5 comments:

Dan said...

yeah well Bubbles sweetheart here's what you can pack for me-- sleeping pills and single malt and some f***ing mukluks or whatever they wear up there-- cause thats eskimo country, right? Vermont? Ha Ha just kiddin, doll, eskimos are from antartica I know that.
P

Dan said...

and another thing Bubbles It's swell you making nice with the idiot brother but maybe you could just remember he's an idiot and don't go carrying on and on about how excited you are, jesus christ bubbles to hear you talk you'd thiknk he was David f***ing beckham or somehtin.
P

Bubbles said...

To anyone who might be reading these comments, please excuse my husband's foul language and misspellings. He's not really a mean guy and he knows how to spell but he doesn't always take the time to do it right and anyway Mike if you're reading this I'm sure you know that your brother loves you very much and is just too much of a *GUY* to let it show!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bubbles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.