Saturday, February 24, 2007

planning ahead

OK, so last time I told you about our trip to snowy Vermont and how I was going to go look up the place where we're going to be staying, well, I did, and it's the Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, Vermont, isn't that a nice name, the resort, I mean, although Fairlee does sound like a nice name for a city, too, doesn't it? So of course I looked at the pictures of the rooms, which look nice enough and I bet the views are really nice, and of course I checked out the dining options because we're so used to having really, really good food since we're so close to The City (I always thinks of that in capital letters, don't you?) and wow, the menus sound really good and they're price fixe which means you pick an appetizer and a salad and an entre and no matter which ones you choose they charge you the same as anyone else, which takes the pressure off a bit because I always look at the prices and try not to choose the most expensive thing even when it's my favorite but now I don't have to do that! Isn't that super?

So then I started to think about what to wear, because I figured it would probably be really cold up there even in March but then I don't know how much time we'll be spending outside really, I mean, it's not like we're winter sports fans or anything and I don't know if there's any place to go shopping so it's possible we'll just spend the entire weekend inside the resort, so I figured one fabulous new coat would probably do the trick so I went to L&Ts and found a really great coat with a fur collar & cuffs, and it's nice and warm, it's just perfect! And then I decided I wouldn't bother with any other new clothes, I'll just dress low-key in slacks and jackets that I already have, after all it's just a weekend, no need to get all dressed up, and the older I get the less I want to do a lot of packing so I'll do the mix & match thing, you know what I mean?

You probably think I'm really silly for getting all wrapped around a tree about a little weekend away, but the truth is it's been a while since we went away anywhere together so it's really pretty exciting for me to think ahead to this nice time together. We're going to drive up and meet Mike at the resort, that's probably a really long drive and I suppose that could be a bit of a drag but then again maybe not, maybe we'll be like we were when we first got together and just talk our heads off about nothing and hold hands and stuff, wouldn't that be nice?

P.S. I just found this site on the internet where they tell you the average temperatures for places and it look like Vermont in March is an average of 38 in the daytime and 20 at night. That's cold, but not any colder than NJ in January so I think we'll be just fine, don't you?

1 comment:

Dan said...

Bubbles, swetie, let me tell you about this one more time, allright? Wer'e loaded, Bubbles. You don't need to wory about how much the freakin dinner up in f-ing Lake Boring is going to cost and most of all for crying out lod you don't have to let every nosy pervert in the country know about how much you're spending or not spending its non of there business and none of your business talking in public about how much things cost. Just buy what you want goddammit and send Siobhan the bill and forget about it. Thats how people in America live, OK Bubble, not like people who eat fish and f*ing chips off newspapers like some people we know who went back to Ireland because they didn't have the balls to make it in NJ. And another thing I KNOW what "faux" means so don't think I dont.