Saturday, February 10, 2007

One year later, house update!!


So, it's been a year since Paddy bought me my house, and I still think it's just the best. I did paint the family room a better color (kind of a dark green, with white trim around the windows and doors) and added some nice wooden bookcases in sort of an oak color so it looks very cozy and warm and a little bit distinguished, if I do say so myself. It's my favorite room to take pictures of Simba in because it's almost like he's color-coordinated with the room, all those warm colors.

Paddy's tried several times to figure out how to sneak that nasty pool table of his back upstairs into his study but he's at a disadvantage because I spend all my time at the house and he doesn't so he can't figure out a way to sneak it past me without sending me on a trip to Europe or something and so far I guess he hasn't figured out that would be what it takes as long as he buys a ticket for Simba too! That thing reeks of cigar smoke and spilt beer and it has no place in the civilized part of the house, he can just go down in that basement where it doesn't matter what he and his noisy cronies do, at least they won't make the rest of the house smell bad.

This past summer we hired a landscaper to put in some new perennial beds because what's the use of having all that grass, it's just green and needs to be cut all the time but with perennials you plant the flowers and hire someone to come pull the weeds once a week and it's all colorful all the time, especially if you plant some nice annual flowers in between like zinnias and geraniums and marigolds which also help with the bugs and just bloom all the time so that's what I'm planning to do if springtime ever comes again. When everything's all nice and flowery I'll post some pictures of OUR flowers but for now these ones that I found on the internet will have to do.

No comments: